Reusable Silicon Food Storage Bags

Anyone who knows me knows I desperately want to save our planet.  BUUUT...I don't want to be inconvenienced too much and I don't want to deal with the huge effort it would take to, essentially, gut my house and start over. Slowly but surely, I am getting rid of all plastic. I started with shopping bags and am moving into storage containers now. Recently, I was sent a set of 3 silicon reusable storage bags to try out.

I had a container of strawberries that I needed to store, so they came in handy last night!  This morning, I made a batch of (absolutely EFFING amazing) flaxseed pumpkin muffins (more on that and the recipe in an upcoming post) so I used the larger bag for those.

When I opened the packaging, my first thought was that I didn't like the feel of the bags. This is my own weird thing, nothing against the company. I don't like the feel of silicon and I don't like the way every little thing sticks to it. The other thing I noticed was that the bags were quite heavy for their size. I was surprised by this as I was expecting them to weigh more along the lines  of Ziploc bags. I know, what was I thinking?!

Initial judgements aside, I actually don't mind these storage bags and will definitely continue using them. I REALLY want reusable snack and sandwich bags for my daughter's lunches, as well as reusable produce bags, so if anyone important is reading this....Hook a sista' up! Meanwhile, I'm going to go throw my reusable grocery bags into the wash because we've all seen those news clips about how much bacteria they hold. Excuse me while I gag.

Thanks, Criss Elite, for sending me these super cool storage bags!

Comments

Popular Posts