My Love Hate Relationship with Budget Organic Hair Products

I'm a mom on a budget.  But,  I want to be organic. I really do. I want to use paraben free products.  I want to support dye free, perfume free, not-tested-on-animals stuff.  I want to save the planet.  But the truth is, and don't come looking to burn me at the (tofu) stake, that these beauty products just DO NOT work like their chemical-laden counterparts or the considerably more expensive organic products. I have spent more money in the last month purchasing shampoo and conditioner than I would have had I just bought the expensive stuff.

The first brand I bought was NYM Way to Grow. I bought it because it's sulfate free, gluten free, and paraben free.  Translation: this product will not lather, leaves your hair feeling sticky and coated, and does NOT detangle. Not one bit. Nope, not even a little. I gave it the ol' college try. I used the entire bottle of shampoo and conditioner. My vote on NYM Way to Grow shampoo and conditioner? Skip it.
My next purchase was Royale Argon Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. I got it as a free gift with my Royale Classic Straightener. Two words: YUCK and PASS.

My most recent hair care purchase was Alba Botanica Hawaiian Mango Shampoo and Coconut Conditioner. I was so excited about these because they literally smell like a luau.  I want to eat them. However, yet again, the shampoo doesn't lather and the conditioner, while better than the NYM conditioner, needs to be applied twice in order to get the tangles out.  WTH?!  The major benefit to Alba Botanica is that it smells like a luau! If you want to take a mini Hawaiian vacation in your shower, this product is amazing.

I am going to finish the Alba Botanica shampoo and conditioner because, well I'm cheap, but I don't think I will be purchasing them a second time.  In my unofficial opinion,  you'd be better off just spending a bit more money and buying name-brand organic hair products.

Comments

Popular Posts